FYI - "ksnip" really nice screen capture app with Imgur upload and built-in painter functions

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
muffybean
Level 5
Level 5

Re: FYI - "ksnip" really nice screen capture app with Imgur upload and built-in painter functions

Post by muffybean »

FYI: You do not need to create a menu item or desktop launcher for invoking (triggering) ksnip as a screenshot tool, just create a new keyboard shortcut (or change an existing one) to the ksnip application or ksnip AppImage file. But, it does help to create a menu item if you want to right-click an existing image from a file manager and open it with ksnip which you can add the " -e" to the end of the command for open image for editing.
I had a look at the tutorial on Ksnip which I have just installed after having to re-install Linux. I am using MATE and would like to create a keyboard shortcut to ksnip using the pause button but there does seem to be a way of doing this. I select keyboard shortcuts and click add and a custom Shortcut is created but shown as disabled. It is from here I cannot find a way of creating the keyboard shortcut of "PAUSE-BREAK" for it. Can you help me?

also, I have registered in Imgur but do not understand what it means in these settings regarding
Imgur-settings.png
Client secret and pin.

TIA.
Running Linux Mint MATE on 2 desktops + Linux Mint Xfce on Netbook + Cinnamon VM on 3rd Desktop

Return to “Software & Applications”