Scanner not detected

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Scanner not detected

Post by JamesKB »

LM 18.1, Epson ET-2550 printer/scanner Wi-Fi

I had issues with not being able to print via WiFi, but I resolved that issue by installing Linux print drivers from the Epson website. I also downloaded and installed Linux Mint scanner drivers from the Epson site.

However, when I open "Simple Scan" I get this error message: "No scanners detected. Please check your scanner is connected and powered on."

Am I correct in that if I can now print via WiFi I should be able to use the scanner via WiFi??

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Scanner not detected

Post by kyphi »

You would be able to print and scan if connected via USB but to get connected via Wi-Fi you should follow the instructions in this HowTo:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=225289
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
bjmh46
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bjmh46 »

One idea if you are running mint 18:
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/15

I know this is geared to Brother printers, but note item 10. Just a thought!
Bob
desperion

Post by desperion »

Hi JamesKB
Try switching off your Firewall. As a total newbie, I had difficulty with both Simple Scan and Xsane both reported "unable to find scanner", i then switched the Firewall off and i was able to use the scanner with both pieces of software.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

What tells commands

Code: Select all

scanimage -L

Code: Select all

sudo scanimage -L
CJC

Post by CJC »

Hi James,

I stuffed around for a very long time a couple of years ago trying everything to get my WiFi-only connected EPSON multifunction printer (WF3640) to scan with no luck even though I had no problems printing. In the end I discovered a scanner program called VueScan. It detected the scanner straight away without needing to install any drivers and work perfectly even detecting and changing the document source automatically (in real time) from flatbed to the document feeder when I inserted anything into the feeder. The software is very comprehensive and very well supported. Cannot recommend this highly responsive father and son team more highly. Hope this helps. Cheers, Chris

Return to “Software & Applications”