Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Clawinus
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved] Determine what program inhibits Power Management

Post by Clawinus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 pm

I have installed the Applet Inhibit and the icon shows in the panel
with a red flag when Power Management is inhibited. After Inhibit as been invoked by f. i. VLC
and I close all programs I had called , the red flag does not disappear.

How can I determine what open Process keeps the red flag and inhibits Power Management?
A look at the applet System Monitor does not give a cue. There are too many processes.
Last edited by Clawinus on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Determine what program inhibits Power Management

Post by Cosmo. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Log out of your account and back in. The red overlay icon should now be gone - except that you have added a relevant program to autostart. Now open zje programs, which you had opened during our finding and quit them, until you have found the applications, which behaves strangely.

More out of the hip: Might be, that vlc or another multimedia player was not really closed, but only minimized. Some of them do not show by default an own tray icon, but minimize into the sound applet.

Clawinus
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Determine what program inhibits Power Management

Post by Clawinus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am

Thanks for your reply.
Ye, I confirmed that Media Player and VLC end the Inhibit when the playing is stopped. Alsa Player
does not start the Inhibit.
My concern was caused by Skype which I have set as startup program and keep open for incoming calls. If a conversation is not properly closed
the red icon on Inhibit stays on, even closing the Skype application will not remove it only a restart.
I will close this thread. Again, many thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”