Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
mintymatrix
Level 4
Level 4

Android files backup

Post by mintymatrix » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:26 am

Kindly correct me if I am posting this thread in a wrong place.
I know it should have been better asked in an Android forum but some how I am more familiar and comfortable with the community here.
I learn and practice a little bit of Android programming. For that I have to download Android studio and it in turn downloads a lot of other supporting files depending on what options I select in it. Keeping a backup of the original 'main' Android studio installation file is very easy but the real trouble is keeping a back up of those other patches / plug-ins / supporting files that it might download. Some times I am in some places where I can not get proper access to download them. Is it possible in any way that I can just keep a backup of such files and use them on a new computer, to do my work instead of every time downloading it from the net ?

deepakdeshp
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Android files backup

Post by deepakdeshp » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:48 am

You can clone your system using clonezilla. This backed up image can restore complete system.
64 bit image will not work on 32 bit machine
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
I am using Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD processor . Memory 8GB

mintymatrix
Level 4
Level 4

Android files backup

Post by mintymatrix » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:22 am

deepakdeshp wrote:You can clone your system using clonezilla. This backed up image can restore complete system.
64 bit image will not work on 32 bit machine
Deepak ji Namaste,
Thanks for your reply. Well, I do not have much experience with Clonezilla but I feel that will clone the entire system, OS, and all relevant and irrelevant applications in to one huge file. But perhaps I might not need so much. Though it is an option till I find a subtler solution. BTW will clonezilla work with the new UFEI systems ?

deepakdeshp
Level 9
Level 9

Post by deepakdeshp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Namaste ji,
Clonezilla works with UEFI.
You can take separate backups of each of your partition.You are right, it doesn't work at file level but at partition level. Meaning you can separately backup and restore a single partition.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
I am using Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD processor . Memory 8GB

mintymatrix
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mintymatrix » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 pm

deepakdeshp wrote:Namaste ji,
Clonezilla works with UEFI.
You can take separate backups of each of your partition.You are right, it doesn't work at file level but at partition level. Meaning you can separately backup and restore a single partition.
Can that be restored in any partition of any computer ? Or it has to be exactly the same partition ?

Termy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Termy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:18 am

IIRC, the partition can be restored on any viable device with enough space to hold it. (I use CZ a lot, but not done single-partition recovery in a whiel)

Return to “Software & Applications”