login issues black screen

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dreamdogggg1980

login issues black screen

Post by dreamdogggg1980 »

Black screen after launch everyother log in and cant log in too any profile except guest and one of my profiles is on a loop. Running linux mint cinnamon 18.3. on compaq presario cq62 used to have windows7 and im a newb but am a hellav a kisser
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brackenhill_mob

Re: login issues black screen

Post by brackenhill_mob »

Have you just upgraded the kernel to 4.13.0-26?

I've got a similar problem - if my external monitor is plugged into mt Asus laptop I get a black screen but if I unplug it I get the LCD panel OK. Doesn't happen with the 4.12 kernel.
davidsprior

Post by davidsprior »

Same issue for me having just upgraded the kernel to 4.13.0-26 on my HP Elitebook 8470P
Was happily using an external monitor before but now nothing is visible after the Linux splash screen. If I unplug the external monitor (in this case from a dock) then all works ok.
Any ideas?
M4dM4x

Post by M4dM4x »

Same issues on Fujitsu Lifebook with Intel Core I7-4702, Intel integrated Graphic card HD 4600, an external 24" Fujitsu monitor connected via HDMI and Linux Mint 18.3 64 bit Cinnamon v. 3.6.7

After kernel update to version 4.13.0-26, if I boot with external monitor connected I obtain a black screen. But pc is still working (with Ctrl-Alt-F1 console in text mode shows up).
If I boot without the external monitor connected, the boot brings me correctly to login screen and then to graphical desktop. After booting, if I connect the external monitor, this is recognized and output goes to this monitor, but resolution is not recognized correctly and, most of all, mouse input is not working at all (mouse cursor moves correctly but no action, nor graphic widget animation on button or icons, if I click).

Falling back to previous kernel (4.10.0-38-generic) works perfectly.

Any solution?

Many thanks,
Max

Return to “Software & Applications”