Problem with OpenGL and Wine/Mesa

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
firewolff

Problem with OpenGL and Wine/Mesa

Post by firewolff »

Hello to everybody.
Today i installed Linux Mint 18.2 and manually updated to 18.3 (did not have a blank DVD to burn image on),after that i updated the kernel to 4.13.0-26-generic (for the Meltdown/Spectre fix) and Mesa to 17.2.8.
Everything so far is great,had no problems whatsoever,until i decided to install Wine and play a little GTA:San Andreas.When i open the .exe file using the terminal it gives me the following error:

fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:d3d:wined3d_dxtn_init Wine cannot find the txc_dxtn library, DXTn software support unavailable.
err:wgl:init_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:wgl:init_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.

Wine version i use is "Wine-Staging 2.21".
glxgears give me a smooth 60fps experience with no lag or no fps drop.

My PC specs are:
CPU : Intel Xeon X5460 @ 3.8Ghz
GPU : AMD R9 270 @ Stock
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
RAM : 8GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz
SSD for "/" partition and HDD 1TB for "/home".

I searched on the internet but nothing seemed to work in enabling OpenGL in Wine games,also tried Warcraft 3 RoC&TFT,both give me this error : http://i.imgur.com/2413QQX.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dj--alex

Re: Problem with OpenGL and Wine/Mesa

Post by dj--alex »

i have this problem too

No one of mint authors, steam , nvidia devtalk cannot do NOTHING
You still can use 64bit games for Linux or Wine.

Just delete partition with Mint 19 and install 18 only this will help

I already waste 20 days to it and nothing can be done
You can read this theme and understand - all is bad. System from default cannot run 32bit apps with GTX 1060.
My theme with this bug
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=278239

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topi ... er-swrast/
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Problem with OpenGL and Wine/Mesa

Post by Hoser Rob »

I wish Linux newbies dodn't install Linux, and often wiping out Windows prematurely in the process, thinking that they can just run all their Windows apps in WIne.

Because they usually can't. It's not the fault of Mint or Ubuntu or any other distro. The problem is that wine is a stupid hack. It's guaranteed to fail most of the time.

Other newbies use old XP hardware and expect to be able to run games that require OpenGL levels that their hardware doesn't support. There's nothing to be done about that, period. Yes, Linux is good for revitalizing old hardware (though that's becoming less true). But that doesn't mean that it'll work with all Linux DEs or app software.

Try Steam games but they may not run on old hardware either.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”