Evolution Email Client - Can't Remember Email Addresses?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
sask
Level 1
Level 1

Evolution Email Client - Can't Remember Email Addresses?

Post by sask »

Hi - I use gmail for my personal email and I never liked the interface. Today I downloaded Evolution from the software package manager and at first glance I really see the potential here. However there is something so obvious missing, the "To:" field does not remember any email address I have typed. I also attempted to sync the email client with my gmail address book with no success.

I have never developed any software so I don't have a clue what is involved with remembering email but I thought this was a simple function? I don't even need to import email addresses if it just would remember mine after I type them once. Am I missing something here?

Artim
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Evolution Email Client - Can't Remember Email Addresses?

Post by Artim »

Click on the "TO:" It opens your Address Book, then choose recipients from there. I didn't have any luck importing my contacts from Thunderbird, but there aren't that many anyway so I just copied them in.

I'm checking Evolution out because I keep getting that annoying "Thunderbird is already running..." message every time I try to open it.

sask
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sask »

Thanks but while that should open the address book nothing happens, there is no address book to be opened.

Chrisnz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Chrisnz »

Hi - just a tip, when posting ... please remember to post your version of Mint etc and the version of Evolution (EVO) so folks can understand what the fault might be.

I for one had used Evo but had changed to T/Bird for personal reasons.

I still have Evo 3.10 loaded only to store until dump emails and this is how that one works.

Edit> Preferences> Contacts> Select Automatic Contacts Tab and make you selection from their what to store for Email Address. :)

Hope that works for u.

Chris

NZ

Return to “Software & Applications”