A new installation always displays a message that gnome-keyring-daemin is not responding on shutdown attempt?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
kmph
Level 2
Level 2

A new installation always displays a message that gnome-keyring-daemin is not responding on shutdown attempt?

Post by kmph » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:37 pm

As in the title?

A NEW and CLEAN installation of Linux Mint 18.3 Cinn 64bit

Whenever I try to shut the computer down I get the message that gnome-keyring-daemon is not responding and would I like to shut the system down anyway (out of necessity I choose yes)

Had no such problems previously (with LM 18.1)

Any way to fix this?

kmph
Level 2
Level 2

Re: A new installation always displays a message that gnome-keyring-daemin is not responding on shutdown attempt?

Post by kmph » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 pm

UPDATE OK not always

I mean this happened two times in a row right after installation, so I posted the above post

Now I tried shutting down for the third time and it WORKED

Guess I will now try switching on and off repeatedly to see if this is working

Admittedly I didnt wait for long when I was forcibly shutting down these two times

I hope I didn't screw anything badly by choosing "Yes" to the question if I want to shut down in spite of gnome-keyring-daemon not responding?

Cosmo.
Level 22
Level 22

Re: A new installation always displays a message that gnome-keyring-daemin is not responding on shutdown attempt?

Post by Cosmo. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:45 pm

This problem started with Mint 18.2; in 18.3 the number of complaints have raised seriously. But the developers are not able to reproduce it. Does not look good.

kmph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kmph » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:00 am

Thank you for the info.

A day of work showed that while the problem was absent most of the time, yet it did reappear from time to time.

Went back to Mint 18.1 in this case.

Teksonik
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Teksonik » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Do you by any chance use the Chrome Browser ? I used the get the same error message but it went away after I deleted Chrome. Might not work for you but worked for me...... :P

Return to “Software & Applications”