[SOLVED] Cerebro search disappears on restart

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

[SOLVED] Cerebro search disappears on restart

Post by Ozo »

I load the Cerebro app from this link and it works great but after a restart it is no longer on the menu. How do I retain it? I can still click the Cerebro icon once (in Downloads) to put the small Cerebro icon on the panel and then the hot key works to toggle it and the search window appears and it works. However; Cerebro is not listed in the Menu Panel or the Main Menu.

Click to enlarge
https://cerebroapp.com/

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Cerebro search disappears on restart

Post by catweazel »

Ozo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 pm Cerebro is not listed in the Menu Panel or the Main Menu.
Cerebro is delivered as an AppImage so you can simply use the menu editor to add an icon and link to the image.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

catweazel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:38 pm
Ozo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 pm Cerebro is not listed in the Menu Panel or the Main Menu.
Cerebro is delivered as an AppImage so you can simply use the menu editor to add an icon and link to the image.
That works great. I put the icon in favorites on the menu panel so it is very easy to get to. Thank you once again. :)

In the editor there is no option to add icon. It says add item and then browsing to the Cerebro file in downloads links it.

EDIT; No need to put it in Favorites. I named the new item CEREBRO in caps and it is very easy to see on the menu panel.
I have since reloaded my system and for a while Cerebro stayed on the Menu but once again it disappeared so I added it to the Menu using the "New Item" tip
Last edited by Ozo on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Ozo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 pm Thank you once again. :)
You're most welcome.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Software & Applications”