Solaar gui applet poping up each time I boot, or take computer out of suspension / hybernation

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintyDude

Solaar gui applet poping up each time I boot, or take computer out of suspension / hybernation

Post by MintyDude »

I've decided to post this, because I am having a weird issue with Solaar-gui. I've got 4 different computers, but all run almost the same thing, LM and Solaar. I use two Logitech M325 and two M705. Particular the problem is with the M325 mouse on a specific laptop. For some reason on that specific laptop #1, each time I boot or take the computer out of suspension, the Solaar gui pops up with another popup top right of my screen, telling me invalid battery. However on another laptop #2 (also having a M325 mouse) , while I do get the invalid battery notification on top right of my LCD sometimes, the Solaar gui NEVER pops up! I've changed the 2 M325's mice with their receivers around, paired them to other receivers etc., but on laptop #1 Solaar-gui always keeps poping up each time I wake the laptop. Annoying as heck. Both M325's are the newer versions (show 70% battery). Uninstalling and reinstalling Solaar didn't help.

Question is: Why is the Solaar gui poping up with either M325 mouse on laptop #1, while on laptop #2 it is not? I can change the two M325 mice and their receiver around, no difference.

Any one else having trouble like this with Solaar?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Solaar gui applet poping up each time I boot, or take computer out of suspension / hybernation

Post by Cosmo. »

What is your version of Mint and what is the desktop environment? If you don't know open a terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -Sz
Paste the output here.

You need to give this information for every help request in every thread.
Do not forget this in the future.

Solaar creates a autostart entry. Open the autostart settings and deactivate this entry. Usually you do not need to have Solaar to run in the background.
MintyDude

Re: Solaar gui applet poping up each time I boot, or take computer out of suspension / hybernation

Post by MintyDude »

Output:
~ $ inxi -Sz
System: Host: G750JM Kernel: 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.7 Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
The other laptop has the same versions of software loaded, same kernel, same distro etc.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing... disabled Solaar in the autostart menu. Still weird though why it would do this. I was hoping that there is a config file or something...
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

The good question would be, why Solaar adds the autostart entry. I don't know, if there is any desktop, which does not provide on its own a control for the power of the input device; for pairing there is definitely no running in the background needed. (Waiting for the day, where every problem could be solved with just a click. :roll: )
MintyDude

Post by MintyDude »

The weirdest thing is, for me it only does this with the Logitech M325 mice. With the M705's it works like a charm. Just a strange thing... Maybe Solaar needs a lil update sometime ;-)

Return to “Software & Applications”