How to change the default email program that gscan2pdf uses

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ppguasch
Level 1
Level 1

How to change the default email program that gscan2pdf uses

Post by ppguasch »

Hello.

I've been using gscan2pdf for some time now with excelent results. Just recently I needed to send a scanned document as a pdf by email and I decided to try the menu option provided by gscan2pdf (The one with the Icon showing an envelope) that shows "Add as pdf on a new email message".

This Add as pdf on a new email message works very well but uses Thunderbird as the default email program. I've been using Evolution for a long time and got all my stuff on it so I would like to keep using Evolution instead of Thunderbird.

I have already changed the Preferences>Preferred Apps setting putting Evolution as my systemwide Email program.

Despite all this, whenever I click on the Envelope within gscan2pdf to send the scanned pdf by email, Thunderbird keeps popping up.

I have not found any option within the gscan2pdf program to change this default behabiour.

Does anybody know how to force gscan2pdf to use Evolution as default email program instead of Thunderbird?

How do you do it?

I'm running on this:

Op. Sys. : Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Ver. :Cinnamon: 3.0.7
LinuxKernel : 4.4.0-21-generic
Processor : AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G x 2
Mem : 14.7 Gb
HDD : 473.3 Gb
Graphic Card : AMD/ATI Kaveri [Radeon R7 Graphics] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

My printer/scanner is a BROTHER DCP-J562DW

Thanks a lot for your attention!

Josep
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: How to change the default email program that gscan2pdf uses

Post by kc1di »

Hello Josep,

According to the gscan2pdf page the program uses whatever is set as default system e-mail client. There is no setting I can find in gscan2pdf itself. sorry :(
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
ppguasch
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to change the default email program that gscan2pdf uses

Post by ppguasch »

Hello kc1di.

Thanks for your response.

I have already set the systemwide email program as Evolution instead of Thundermail and gscan2pdf keeps on opening Thunderbird :(

I'll keep searching.

Thanks all the same

Return to “Software & Applications”