[SOLVED] VLC Skins problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

[SOLVED] VLC Skins problem

Post by Ozo »

I downloaded the skins package and successfully installed that on the VLC player. I got to work selecting them one at a time. All was sorta ok until I selected one that did not bring up the entire skin but only a play list component. So now there is no place to right click on VLC's player and so no preference options. :(

I did have a problem with the skins I first tried. I could not get them in screen sized but only small sized. Now I am stuck. I did a timeshift to no effect. I unloaded VLC which I had installed from the Software Manager and reinstalled it to no effect and so unloaded it again and loaded it from an other source and still get the unusable VLC component.

$ inxi -Sz
System: Host: BOTT9778 Kernel: 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.7 Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia

CLICK TO ENLARGE
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: [SOLVED] VLC Skins problem

Post by Ozo »

In Software Manager is VLC(Flathub) which works fine. I picked a skin, it works, does fullscreen easily with the standard controls in the upper right corner

Ozo

Re: [SOLVED] VLC Skins problem

Post by Ozo »

I managed too get both versions of VLC "stuck". I now see an app in the Software Manager called VLC-nox and it loads VLC Player and works fine. I went back to the first VLC Player I used (in Software Manager) and it was now ok.

I did isolate the skin which was the cause of the problem. It is called Chaos.vlt and it can not be deleted. So do not click on that one.

Return to “Software & Applications”