open source 2fa TOTP option recommendation please.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LMJ

open source 2fa TOTP option recommendation please.

Post by LMJ »

Hi, I need a reliable open source TOTP 2fa option for Mint that will work with sites that expect people to be using Google Authenticator. One that is not web browser based. Authy desktop app works well in Windows, but they don't have a Linux option I am looking for an option I can be confident of in Mint, and if it can work in Windows as well, that could be helpful, but might not be essential.
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: open source 2fa TOTP option recommendation please.

Post by xenopeek »

Several suggestions here https://superuser.com/questions/462478/ ... top-client. Nothing trivially easy I think. Sounds like you're heading to run a bash script.
LMJ

Re: open source 2fa TOTP option recommendation please.

Post by LMJ »

Oh dear, was definitely looking for easy, with GUI. Have read suggestions given in the link you posted here and will look into Keepass TOTP, and see how well it works on both Windows and Mint. Thank you.
Am leaving thread open for now just in case someone chimes in with a solution that works well for them on both platforms.

Return to “Software & Applications”