Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
gary428509
Level 1
Level 1

WWE and BETONLINE

Post by gary428509 »

I would like to get the WWE network and BETONLINE poker in Linux but neither seem to work not even with Wine. Can anybody help? Thank you. GARY428509.

Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Re: WWE and BETONLINE

Post by Hoser Rob »

"Not even with Wine"? Don't be so surprised. Wine (and POL etc which are all Wine based) is crap. It fails most of the time and often works poorly when it does work.

I did a quick search and apparently WWE has zero Linux support but in the past some have succeeded with 32 bit using Wine to run the WIndows version of Firefox. But those sources are 5 years old and I wouldn't assume it'd still work.

Betonline doesn't seem to have any Linux support either, and again everything I could find is at least 5 years old. This is often a sign that everyone gave up. There do seem to be Linux compatible alternatives.

Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Re: WWE and BETONLINE

Post by Flemur »

gary428509 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 pm
I would like to get the WWE network and BETONLINE poker in Linux but neither seem to work not even with Wine. Can anybody help? Thank you. GARY428509.
Hoser Bob is completely wrong about wine (many apps under wine are more reliable and otherwise superior to the linux apps, e.g. any multimedia stuff), but....
- Does WWE, for example, have an test page to see if it works w/o signing up?
- Have you already signed up? And is that how you know it doesn't work?)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Software & Applications”