Center a frame in Libreoffice

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lmuserx4849

Center a frame in Libreoffice

Post by lmuserx4849 »

Anyone know how to center a frame in Libreoffice?

1. I inserted a frame
2. Right click, Anchor > As Character
3. I inserted an image in the frame
4. Right click, Anchor > As Character
5. Insert Caption

I use "As Character", because trying to solve another problem, it seems "As Character" or "To Character" prevent some weirdness with image placement. But, it also seems to take away horizontal centering. Also, right clicking the frame, I see that AutoSize is checked. I would think that the frame should hung the image, but it doesn't. I opened up one of the official Libreoffice writer docs and I swear I'm doing the exact same thing they are doing on frames and images, but I can't get my centered.

Example: https://documentation.libreoffice.org/e ... on/writer/, Page 30, Left & Right end of Status bar.

Update: I think I might have figured this out by turning on paragraph markers and being really careful of what was selected. I kept right clicking and looking properties, and Horizontal Positioning is grayed out.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Center a frame in Libreoffice

Post by lsemmens »

Just tried it in Writer and it was automatically centred.

I selected <Insert><Frame><Floating Frame> selected the picture gave it a title and it was nicely centred on the page.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
lmuserx4849

Re: Center a frame in Libreoffice [Solved]

Post by lmuserx4849 »

I wasn't sure what type of frame to enter :-) I just went with Frame. It didn't center. I have never used a frame before, but the example I was looking at created a frame around an image with a caption. I suppose it keeps everything together. My docs have been pretty simple in the past --- formatting paragraphs as needed and maybe using a heading or two. I made a promise to myself I would dig deeper this year. I finally got it to center, but it was tricky (easier now that I know :-)). I had to slowly and carefully click on the right thing and I saw center horizontally on the tool bar.

Styles are really cool, but which comes first, the style or the document content. I ended up using F11 (Manage Style) and Load Style from an external document.

Return to “Software & Applications”