LibreOffice version speed huge improvement

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jim7fl

LibreOffice version speed huge improvement

Post by jim7fl »

Today I downloaded LibreOffice 6.0.2 and installed it into my LinuxMint 18 Sarah desktop

Then I loaded a large spreadsheet that takes over 1.50 minutes to load completely in LO 5.0.2
I loaded using the new 6.0.2 and was totally shocked. I had a prompt and loaded sheet after only 12 Seconds!

I do not know what the slowdown was, but was thoroughly impressed!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: LibreOffice version speed huge improvement

Post by deepakdeshp »

Hello,
How many rows and column did it have?
What's your CPU and RAM?
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
lmuserx4849

Re: LibreOffice version speed huge improvement

Post by lmuserx4849 »

jim7fl wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:22 pm Today I downloaded LibreOffice 6.0.2 and installed it into my LinuxMint 18 Sarah desktop

Then I loaded a large spreadsheet that takes over 1.50 minutes to load completely in LO 5.0.2
I loaded using the new 6.0.2 and was totally shocked. I had a prompt and loaded sheet after only 12 Seconds!

I do not know what the slowdown was, but was thoroughly impressed!
LO 5.0.2 to 6.0.2 improved for you. Awesome!

You can see LO Release Notes for the various new versions, just click the version number.

LO has been very active, development-wise. I'm in the process of converting my last xls, xlsm workbooks to ods.

Return to “Software & Applications”