Kodi 17.6 on Linux Mint Mate 18.3 64Bit windows movement is slow

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Termalator
Level 3
Level 3

Kodi 17.6 on Linux Mint Mate 18.3 64Bit windows movement is slow

Post by Termalator »

Hello everybody,

i installed last week Kodi 17.6 from the team-xbmc ppa and now i have problems while moving windows over Kodi's window or over some wine game windows. The movement is very laggy and just slow. Anything else works fine but the movement is not so ... nice ;).

With the built in Kodi 15 it worked good and i never had this Problem. A downgrade was not so successful and the Problem was not solved and i want use kodi 17 so it isn't really an option. It seams that some libraries or something that comes from the PPA causes the problem.

I tried Marco Metacity and compiz window manager (Marco is my favorite) but the problem always exists (sometimes more sometimes less).

The relevant Hardware is an Asus TUF Z370-Pro main board and a Geforce 1060 GPU (Nvidia driver 384.111)

Has anyone the same problem or maybe a solution :) ?

Sorry for my bad English :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Termalator
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Kodi 17.6 on Linux Mint Mate 18.3 64Bit windows movement is slow

Post by Termalator »

Hi again :)

i solved this Problem partially.
After a new installation i found the same issues with 3d accelerated windows after installation of the Nvidia drivers.
I looked around and found that some people fixed a similar behavior by disabling Sync to Vblank in the Nvidia Settings, so i did so.
What a wonder, no lags while moving 3d accelerated Windows without Kodi (running a video) :D.

When Kodi is running a Video i have still that Problem (already disabled/enabled the vsync in Kodi etc.).

Maybe There is someone who knows how to fix it but it is much better now.

Return to “Software & Applications”