Deleting update from Mozilla Firefox Update Manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Phylly

Deleting update from Mozilla Firefox Update Manager

Post by Phylly »

How do I delete an update from the Mozilla Firefox Update Manager? I no longer want this update, and have tried to clear it from the update manager but nothing happened. (I clicked on the update I no longer wanted, then clicked "clear" and nothing happened.) Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Deleting update from Mozilla Firefox Update Manager

Post by AZgl1800 »

I just saw that a minute ago, left click on the update you don't want.

Right Click and then select "Ignore"
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Something like a "Mozilla Firefox Update Manager" does not exist. If you do not need a software, uninstall it, then you don't get updates offered. If you use the software, e. g. a browser, and do not update it, your system will get spammed with security leaks.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Cosmo. wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 am Something like a "Mozilla Firefox Update Manager" does not exist.
I had the same remark but then I realised that the OP is probably talking about an update for Mozilla Firefox, that appears in the Update Manager.

Nevertheless, I agree that it's unwise to use software, especially a browser, and not install security updates.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

Moem wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:21 am it's unwise to use software, especially a browser, and not install security updates.
Amen to that. :shock:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Phylly wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 pmHow do I delete an update from the Mozilla Firefox Update Manager? I no longer want this update, and have tried to clear it from the update manager but nothing happened. (I clicked on the update I no longer wanted, then clicked "clear" and nothing happened.) Thanks in advance for your help.
"Update Manager" = this thing? It doesn't seem to have any options.
firefox.jpg
Or was it synaptic? There you would hilight firefox, then Menu->Package->Force version.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

In Update Manager you can right-click the package you wish to hold and select "Ignore updates for this package". That's what I did just prior to Quantum being released, whilst assessing replacement browsers.

I find Waterfox to be the best fit. All my add-ons work properly and the entire Firefox session was ported over in seconds, including tab groups just as they were.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
Phylly

Re: Deleting update from Mozilla Firefox Update Manager SOLVED

Post by Phylly »

Thank you BG405. That took care of it.

Return to “Software & Applications”