How to display volume and brightness percentage?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TL7

How to display volume and brightness percentage?

Post by TL7 »

Hello.
If I adjust the volume or screen brightness in Linux Mint Cinnamon (not tried in Mate/KDE/Xfce yet, but I will), I just see a volume speaker icon with a bar or a sun icon with a bar.
But there is no percentage.

How do I see a percentage too?

I also noticed that this progress bar, unlike on Windows, can not be moved with the mouse, so I suggest adding this as a feature too. And I would like to place that volume/brightness icon, which shows up for a few seconds, at any different position of the screen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to display volume and brightness percentage?

Post by phd21 »

Hi TL7,

I do not know about Cinnamon, Mate or Xfce, but in my KDE, when you mouse over or click the volume icon, you get a percentage. I do not use a brightness control. Have you checked for available "applets", "desklets", etc...

There are some good posts on brightness apps and their controls in the forum...

Pulse Audio Volume control shows the percentage and can be used on all editions of Linux Mint.

You can try right-clicking the volume control and select audio settings, etc...

Hope this helps ...
KDE_Volume1.jpg
KDE_Volume2.jpg
PulseAudioVolumeControl1.jpg
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Software & Applications”