(Solved) Issue with Private Internet Access applet

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iamphil
Level 3
Level 3

(Solved) Issue with Private Internet Access applet

Post by iamphil »

Have PIA installed and has been working for several years with no problem. I launch it from the menu and an applet appears near the clock in the task bar. I can then connect to the server of my choice from that applet.

The Problem: I accidentally clicked "remove applet" and it is gone. The notification that I am disconnected appears for about 10 seconds after I try to launch it from the menu, and then disappears, but the applet is no longer in the tray. I can't connect to any server, so I can't use the VPN. How can I get my applet (and VPN) back? I do need this working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Running Mint 18 Cinnamon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Issue with Private Internet Access applet

Post by greerd »

PIA just put out an new version, maybe installing the new version will sort things out for you.
iamphil
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Issue with Private Internet Access applet

Post by iamphil »

Didn't want to install the newest PIA yet, but solved my problem. Right clicked on the bar, install applets, restore default. PIA icon is back and works.

THANKS

Return to “Software & Applications”