Advanced graphical process manager?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TraxXavier

Advanced graphical process manager?

Post by TraxXavier »

Hello,

I'm desperately looking for a tool which would have a similar functionality to the windows tool "task info" or "process hacker".
The only one i came even close was https://github.com/wolfc01/procexp but its nit complete and is still missing many features and is not even close to be as user friendly as task info.

For me a verbose task manager that show you at one glance the open files the stack trace, open sockets, etc is very importan.

is there anything like that out there?

Cheers
Trax
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Advanced graphical process manager?

Post by Hoser Rob »

I can't find any nice simple GUIs for that but there are many Linux CLI tools for this.

You could try ksysguard which is the KDE version of System Monitor, which is what the Mint DEs call "Task Manager". I'm not on my KDE machine now but I think it's more powerful than the GTK version.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
TraxXavier

Re: Advanced graphical process manager?

Post by TraxXavier »

I have tried ksysguard already its better system monitor but not even close to the functionality of the windows tools.

CLI tools don't allow me to quickly view what different processes are doing, having to type commands is inherently slower than just clicking a few things, especially if one has to always tape the right PID.

I'm really surprised that Linux power users apparently don't have a need for such a tool.

Return to “Software & Applications”