Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ppazos
Level 1
Level 1

Can't add reviews on Software Manager

Post by ppazos » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:50 am

Hi,

I'm using Mint 17.3. When I try to add a review on the Software Manager I get an "Invalid username" error, "Your username is incorrect. To change it, click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Account information'."

On "Account Information" I see my linux mint community user. If I click on the community link, I can login successfully to the web site.

What is going on? Why my user is invalid for the Software Manager but valid on the Mint community?

I'm following the suggestion from the error but still can't add reviews.

ppazos
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can't add reviews on Software Manager

Post by ppazos » Wed May 30, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm curious, no one has a login problem into the software manager?

Or is just that nobody uses it? Maybe is a problem of integration from Mint to the ubuntu software manager?

Please give me any pointers, this is frustrating...

BenTrabetere
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Can't add reviews on Software Manager

Post by BenTrabetere » Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 pm

ppazos wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:50 am
I'm using Mint 17.3. When I try to add a review on the Software Manager I get an "Invalid username" error, "Your username is incorrect. To change it, click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Account information'."
I suspect you are trying to use your login User/PW for the Linux Mint Forums. The Linux Mint Forums and the Linux Mint Community are different sites. You need to create an account for the Community site in order to use it.

It is a two-step process. Start by going to https://community.linuxmint.com/auth/register and entering the Username, Password, Confirm Password, and Email.

Next, get a Registration Code by following the instructions.
To get a registration code connect to the chatroom (From within Linux Mint, launch Menu->Welcome Screen and click on Chat Room), introduce yourself and ask for a registration code.
You may need to use the Search tool to find the Welcome Screen launcher.

When you get your registration code, enter it in the account setup form and you are done.

Return to “Software & Applications”