Anyway to start package manager without password

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Anyway to start package manager without password

Post by urdrwho »

I am the only one that uses this laptop and it is not anywhere near something that needs security coverage. Is there anyway to not use a password when opening package manager; software manager and other such things?

It is just a minor request and if it can't be done it is not a big issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Anyway to start package manager without password

Post by Hoser Rob »

administrollaattori wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:35 pm viewtopic.php?f=90&t=219089
That, if you want to keep being the only one using your computer.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Hoser Rob wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:15 pm
administrollaattori wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:35 pm viewtopic.php?f=90&t=219089
You are sarcastic. :lol:
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

urdrwho wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:17 pm it is not anywhere near something that needs security coverage.
As soon as you go online and use the package manager (which does go online) you are very near.
urdrwho wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:17 pmif it can't be done it is not a big issue.
Keep it at that.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Post by urdrwho »

Well that was interesting because all I saw was a lesson on security measures. :)

Now there is only one other person that would and could ever do anything installation etc on my computer and that is my 24 year old computer fixing as a job son. I would therefore trust his judgment more than my own.

Plus since this is not my work computer, it isn't even a computer that holds any real personal info. Sooooo did I miss something on the page that shows how to disable the password requests. I'll be working with my mouse, holding my breathing apparatus with the other hand and then the request for the password. I then need to put down my breathing apparatus to put in the password.

No biggie but it would just be nice to not have to do it.

It has been a long day, up and going at 5AM I am now tired and may have missed the information.
Hoser Rob wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Return to “Software & Applications”