Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
nalA
Level 1
Level 1

Spotify

Post by nalA » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:26 pm

My Spotify app will only play one selection off my playlists at any one session unless I manually select another track. some of my playlists date back to 2012. all playlists show up on the app. This happens if i select an album from new searches also, despite selecting random play or repeat. Most frustrating if I want background music while performing other tasks. Should I uninstall it and then reinstall? :?

Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Spotify

Post by Fred Barclay » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 pm

What is your version of spotify? (Use spotify --version in the terminal to check.) There were some problems with the Linux build of 1.0.77, see https://community.spotify.com/t5/Deskto ... rue#M16352 for reference. :)

If you've got a different version, I would try renaming the following folders by adding somethink like '_bak' to their name:

Code: Select all

.cache/spotify
.config/spotify
.local/share/spotify
For example, .cache/spotify becomes .cache/spotify_bak. Then start Spotify. This will force Spotify to start with all-new configuration files, but still keeps your old config safe.

If that doesn't work, then maybe try the uninstall/reinstall route?

Hope this helps!
Fred
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

nalA
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nalA » Tue May 01, 2018 3:39 am

versionSpotify version 1.0.27.71.g0a26e3b2, Copyright (c) 2016, Spotify Ltd

nalA
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nalA » Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 am

This is being drawn out a bit sorry, as i ran out of data on our data plan (750Gig/month Rural wifi) My os is Linux Mint 18

Return to “Software & Applications”