Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
kebas88
Level 1
Level 1

Traktor Dj or Recordbox software on linux

Post by kebas88 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 am

Hello,

I am about to install Linux OS, but since I did not managed to find decent information on the internet, I would like to ask, perhaps someone has experience on whether Traktor Dj or Recorbox software works fine on Linux OS with WINE or in any other way of which I might be not aware of. In particular, I am interested if it is possible to conned and use MIDI controller in this way.

Thank you for your answers.

md419
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Traktor Dj or Recordbox software on linux

Post by md419 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:25 pm

From what I've been able to research, neither Rekordbox or Traktor will work with Linux and it appears neither Pioneer DJ nor Native Instruments has plans to make a version for Linux.

The closest alternative that runs on Linux that I've been able to find is Mixxx ... https://www.mixxx.org/

Hoser Rob
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hoser Rob » Sat May 19, 2018 8:56 am

There aren't a whole lot of good Linux pro recording/DJ tools. In fact I don't know of any decent ones. Over the years I've been using Linux I've often seen newbies on forums wanting pro level music production software. They're usually pointed to linuxmusicians.org, after which you never hear from them again.

And since Wine is actually a stupid hack and very unreliable (most apps completely fail and working ones often work poorly), I'd keep some Windows for that stuff myself.

skunkarific
Level 2
Level 2

Post by skunkarific » Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 am

I DJ all the time with MIXXX. It has an appearance similar to Traktor, and does just fine.

Return to “Software & Applications”