Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
lexon
Level 6
Level 6

Mint updates

Post by lexon »

Hi All

I see Mint updates starting to come in. No issues here. I just download eveything. Desktop and laptop PC's running just fine.

lexon
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit. MInt 18 64 bit Cinnamon.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Mint updates

Post by exploder »

Yes, Ubuntu released quite a few updates today. I did not have any problem either.
lexon
Level 6
Level 6

Post by lexon »

I did not realize the updates came from Ubuntu. Could you explain about Mint updates? Thanks.

lexon
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit. MInt 18 64 bit Cinnamon.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

We are based on Ubuntu and use the Ubuntu repos to update the base. We also have our own repos for packages we maintain. All of the tools and Firefox updates come from our repos.We don't reinvent the wheel, we just make it better.
lexon
Level 6
Level 6

Post by lexon »

Ok, thanks for the details. I have noticed some Mint users asking questions in the Ubuntu forums.
The wireless and DVD player working out of the box won me over from Ubuntu. I just do not like running an Operating System, only Applications. My way.
Actually, someone on the dying Freespire forum mentioned how nice Mint 6 was a few months ago. That is how I started with Mint.

lexon
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Ok, thanks for the details. I have noticed some Mint users asking questions in the Ubuntu forums.
Most information that applies to Ubuntu will also apply to Mint. The Intel work around that is applied to my main machine came from a "How To" on the Ubuntu forum.
Actually, someone on the dying Freespire forum mentioned how nice Mint 6 was a few months ago. That is how I started with Mint.

I did not know the Freespire forum was still up! It was nice of someone to recommend Mint to you. We are glad to have you here! :mrgreen:
jaqian
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jaqian »

lexon wrote:Actually, someone on the dying Freespire forum mentioned how nice Mint 6 was a few months ago. That is how I started with Mint.

lexon
Same here :) Btw still use FS on my old laptop :)

Return to “Software & Applications”