SOLVED update manager not showing clean update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

SOLVED update manager not showing clean update

Post by pdc_2 »

We have two computers running Mint 18.3 (mate) here; both 64bit installs;

Update manager started showing either a red cross for not completing; or a white shield; from a previous karlchen post I tried the

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/mintupdate
and it sort of clears the blockage; so one gets the green tick of approval; but then the sulking starts; and we get the white shield treatment; as it started on both computers yesterday: I thought to post this on the forums;
update.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: update manager not showing clean update

Post by kc1di »

I would go to a terminal and try these commands (one at a time) see if it clears the problem.

Code: Select all

sudo apt autoclean
sudo apt clean
sudo apt update 

post any error messages you get here.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: update manager not showing clean update

Post by pdc_2 »

thanks; the above didn't work but some auto-cleansing seems to have happened in the last few hours; and we now get the green tick; so a bit of a mystery but all good now thanks!
ColinL

Re: SOLVED update manager not showing clean update

Post by ColinL »

I dont know if you want me to do a new post as this thread is solved, but i get the feeling its sort of linked .. please inicate and i do so.
Carrying on from the ' SOLVED update manager not showing clean update' thread

Interesting.... Forgive me im in infant school when it comes to Mint, but ive got simular problems too.

I havent used this for a while but was okay then and my machine seams to start ok except it did seam to freeze logging in, once in, i noticed a big red X on update manager which on retry kept coming back. Somehow ive managed to clear that but manager doesnt show any new updates now and isnt showing on the bar.(its been probably 2mths since ive been in Mint) ive also got issues with other programes too as whatever i do my machine just freezes probably for around 3 minsand thenjust continues, but i also note my hard drive is always busy when its like this. Ive tried restarts and the recovery mode one and used clean and repair buttons but its just the same.
Like i said im in infant schol with regards this software, it be nice to know whats actually running.
Help!

Return to “Software & Applications”