Update issues, and machine freezing .

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ColinL

Update issues, and machine freezing .

Post by ColinL »

Carrying on from the ' SOLVED update manager not showing clean update' thread on here....

Interesting.... Forgive me im in infant school when it comes to Mint, but ive got similar problems too.

I haven't used Mint for a while as is on my other machine but was okay when shut down, my machine seamed to start ok except it did seam to freeze logging in, once in, i noticed a big red X on update manager which on retry kept coming back. Somehow ive managed to clear that but manager doesn't show any new updates now and isnt showing on the bar.(its been probably 2mths since ive been in Mint) ive also got issues with other programs too as whatever i do my machine just freezes probably for around 3 mins and then just continues, but i also note my hard drive is always busy when its like this. Ive tried restarts including the recovery mode one where i used clean and repair buttons but its just the same.

Like i said im in infant school with regards this software, it be nice to know what's actually running.
Help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Update issues, and machine freezing .

Post by deepakdeshp »

Paste output of command in code tags.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Software & Applications”