No Draft Quality on Photosmart C4480

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
francogb7

No Draft Quality on Photosmart C4480

Post by francogb7 »

Hello,

First of all, I've just changed from Windows 7 to Linux MInt 18.3, so hi everyone, it's good to leave Windows and its irritating Windows Update. :lol:

So, I'm still adjusting to this new OS and one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to make my printer actually print in a draft quality. I've got an HP Photosmart C4480 and, despite downloading its software for Linux in some website that I forgot, Mint was unable to install the software. So I've been using the general software that came with the OS.

In the software, there are the options "draft" and "fast draft". However, when I choose either option, the printer takes a lot of time to print each page, which makes me believe it is not actually using little ink. In Windows 7, I was able to use the HP software and, in the draft mode, the printer would print a lot faster, because it was actually using less ink when compared to the regular printing quality.

Anyway, does anyway have a solution?

Again, sorry if this is a silly or an obvious problem for a lot of you, but, as I said, I'm very new here haha. Thanks. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: No Draft Quality on Photosmart C4480

Post by kato181 »

You didn't say if you downloaded the printers drivers from HP or not. If not then here is the link and click on the button that says HPLIP
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing
Hope this helps..
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: No Draft Quality on Photosmart C4480

Post by Moem »

Recent and similar topic, which may help you:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=270263&p=1475120

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”