Albert launcher not working (LM 19 Mate Beta) (SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
haanpm
Level 1
Level 1

Albert launcher not working (LM 19 Mate Beta) (SOLVED)

Post by haanpm »

Hello!

The latest version of Albert launcher is not working in LM 19 Mate Beta 64-bit.

I installed version 0.14.21 and when I try to run the application in terminal, I get this error:

FATAL: QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded

Does anyone know a fix for this, because I'd like to get my favourite launcher working with LM19?

Cheers,
Mikko
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: Albert launcher not working (LM 19 Mate Beta)

Post by MintBean »

Any bugs with the beta should be reported in the beta announcement blog post.
haanpm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by haanpm »

Thanks for reply, I will post the problem there too.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with LM 19 beta or something else.
benhuan

Post by benhuan »

you need to install the package: "libqt4-sql-sqlite" or "libqt5sql5-sqlite"
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=133724
haanpm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Albert launcher not working (LM 19 Mate Beta) (SOLVED)

Post by haanpm »

Thanks, solution worked!
antu7

Post by antu7 »

I'm new in Linux mint would you please tell me how to install the package: "libqt4-sql-sqlite" or "libqt5sql5-sqlite". :shock:
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

antu7 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 amI'm new in Linux mint would you please tell me how to install the package: "libqt4-sql-sqlite" or "libqt5sql5-sqlite". :shock:
Basically, you would install it the same way you would install anything else: use the Software Manager or Synaptic. There's a great tutorial on installing software here:

viewtopic.php?t=97158
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
antu7

Post by antu7 »

jimallyn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:42 am
antu7 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 amI'm new in Linux mint would you please tell me how to install the package: "libqt4-sql-sqlite" or "libqt5sql5-sqlite". :shock:
Basically, you would install it the same way you would install anything else: use the Software Manager or Synaptic. There's a great tutorial on installing software here:

viewtopic.php?t=97158
Thank for your replay. But I'm actually facing some different problem when I try to install Albert it gives me the following error "error dependency is not satisfiable libpython3.5(>=3.5.0~b1)". In this situation how could I solved this problem
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

antu7, it would probably be best if you started a new thread. You have a different problem, and the thread has been marked SOLVED. There's not likely to be very many people going through this thread to see if somebody other than the original poster has an unrelated problem.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Software & Applications”