Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
pcfan5
Level 4
Level 4

my keyboard writtes by itself

Post by pcfan5 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Hello, the day before yesterday I was working in an office Write document and my keyboard started typing by itself "çççççççççç" there was no way to stop it. I reset the system, thinking it may have been a passing problem y also check for this key not to be stucked. Today, right now, I am typing into whats app app and same key start typing by itself "ççççççççç...." and when I tried to delet I got everything deleted,,,,an unstoppable deliting .
What can it be?
Which info can I provide?

I am under LM 18.3 Mate , have applied latest updates from 1 to 3 .
Running "transmition" and "whats app", no key seem to be stuck. Have an infrared wireless mouse.

administrollaattori
Level 14
Level 14

Re: my keyboard writtes by itself

Post by administrollaattori » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm

What tells a command locale ?

pcfan5
Level 4
Level 4

Post by pcfan5 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 pm

administrollaattori wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm
What tells a command locale ?
Hi, it says

Code: Select all

LANG=es_AR.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=es_AR:es
LC_CTYPE="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

lmuserx4849

Post by lmuserx4849 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Can you swap out the keyboard and try another?

In the Control Center, Hardware > Keyboard, there are some options under "Repeat Keys". Could try unchecking or change values.
The GUI options seem to be the same as kbdrate

There some additional options that affect the keyboard, under Assistive Technologies > Keyboard Accessibility. Hitting the "Help" button on the lower left corner has details on the options. Only make one change at a time and try it out for a while. If it doesn't work, set it back and try another.

There are a number of hits at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ for "keyboard" "stuck", but I don't see a solution yet. I'd try the above first.
Attachments
keyboard-preferences-repeat-key.jpg
keyboard-preferences-repeat-key.jpg (14.97 KiB) Viewed 224 times

pcfan5
Level 4
Level 4

Post by pcfan5 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Thank you so much for you reply.

I would like to say, that after my post I continue using this computer the whole day and didn't get the same "error" again. However I have checked your options

Option 1: I have a notebook and don't have a spare notebook keyboard, neither I know how to change it.
Option 2: thanks for this tip , I unchecked the "key repetition" to see what happens.... altough it is a bit difficult to delete some caracters, I mean to do it one by one is a bit tiresom, but will have it like this to see what happens.
Option 3: Assistive Technologies has the "persistant keys" first check "simulation...." unmark , the secon is "deactivate persistant keys if they are hit twice" this one is check and I think this could help me. (My sistem is in Spanish so please forgive if the translation of the windows isn't quite right)

My touchpad is quite sensitive I wonder if this has something to do (just in case I found and set on the option to "disable while writting" in the same Assistive Technologies window). Sometimes I "turn it off" since I have wireless mouse , because I changes the cursor position and mess all my writtings.

pcfan5
Level 4
Level 4

Post by pcfan5 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am

update: the problem only occurs when the theme ambiance darkness is applied.

Return to “Software & Applications”