Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chriske
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chriske »

Hi,

Just installed M19 on my wife's computer. When she stops working I set it to go to pause, when she short-pushes the power-button.
When she resumes working she every-time bumps onto that log-in screen, Can that screen be eliminated so she don't have to enter her password each time again.

PC is lots faster compared to it's original OS(W10) btw

I also posted this somewhere else but got no response, so I thought of posting it here.(maybe not allowed..?)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mute Ant

Re: Log in screen

Post by Mute Ant »

"...can that screen be eliminated..." Sometimes it can, yes. There may be buttons in [Control Centre]:[Screen Saver]:[Screen Locker] to specify the behaviour after waking up from a 'pause'.

Suspend is when the machine sits there switched on but using reduced power. Often the power LED blinks to remind you it's not actually off.

Hibernate when the RAM and restart data is dumped into a swap-space and the machine really switches off.

I guess your 'log in screen' is the Screen Locker and in fact the user is still 'logged in' at that point. Mint wants to be sure the user at the keyboard is the same as the user that is logged in.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Log in screen

Post by Moem »

Chriske wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 am I also posted this somewhere else but got no response, so I thought of posting it here.(maybe not allowed..?)
Double-posting is not allowed, but no worries, I've removed the other posting. I would however advise that you always mention which desktop environment is being used (in this case Cinnamon).

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”