problem installing wine

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
person

problem installing wine

Post by person »

trying to install wine on linux mint 18.3 cinnamon
when I try to auto update with

sudo apt-get update

I get this error

E: Malformed entry 2 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list (Component)
E: The list of sources could not be read.

I had previously typed the command

sudo apt-add-repository 'deb https;//dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ xenial main'

no errors reported after that command
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: problem installing wine

Post by Sir Charles »

Hi person,
person wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:10 pm 'deb https;//dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ xenial main'
A typo.
Change;to:in the line above in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list.
In a terminal run:

Code: Select all

gksudo xed /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list
When the file opens, correct the typo, save and close. Proceed then with update/install.

Good luck!
person

Post by person »

only get to work on this on sundays, still having an issue when I try to do the update, and I cant install or even get my software manager to open. I'm wondering if I should check all my files on a mirror or something
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Please post the output from:

inxi -r
and

sudo apt-get update
Copy the whole of the output from each command and paste it here using code tags</>from above the edit-box to enclose them.
person

Post by person »

got it! I did not realize that I need to erase the lines with errors in the window that opens when I run the gksudo command, and replace with the proper command. thnx for the help

Return to “Software & Applications”