Before you post please read how to get help
pinnerite
Level 1
Level 1

icons on a bottom panel

Post by pinnerite » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 pm

I have two screens.
The primary is on the right.
I have added a bottom panel to th left one and added a couple of applets.
I would like to add a few application icons to the panel but a;ways appear on the
right hand bottom panel.
Is there a way of overcoming this?

Moem
Level 17
Level 17

Re: icons on a bottom panel

Post by Moem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:16 pm

What version of Mint and which desktop environment are we talking about?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Post by xenopeek » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 pm

I added the Panel Launchers applet to a panel on the second screen (on virtual box; I don't have multiple screens). Indeed, clicking in your menu to add a launcher to the panel adds it to the one on the primary monitor. On Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon I can however right-click the panel launcher on the second monitor and from its context menu select to add a launcher to it. Unfortunately here one has to enter the name, icon and command manually. It can be copied from the panel launcher on the first monitor.

Inconvenient but I'm not sure how to make it more convenient with using the function from the menu.

For having more than one monitor it would be convenient if the panel launcher would also let you select a launcher from your menu in its add dialog. So that you can right-click the panel launcher on a non-primary monitor, select add from its context menu, and the in the add dialog — instead of entering the name, icon and command manually — clicking a button to pick a launcher from a list of programs also available in your menu. You could make a feature request for that on https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues

pinnerite
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pinnerite » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Moem wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:16 pm
What version of Mint and which desktop environment are we talking about?
Sorry, 18.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Software & Applications”