Eclipse and NetBeans Don't Work on Linux Mint 19

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ldrohit

Eclipse and NetBeans Don't Work on Linux Mint 19

Post by ldrohit »

I installed Eclipse and NetBeans using the Software Manager GUI. They installed fine, but none of the applications work. I am on Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
greg888

Re: Eclipse and NetBeans Don't Work on Linux Mint 19

Post by greg888 »

The same problem here. I tried to start Netbeans 8.2 from terminal and got the following error messages:

Code: Select all

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory (file:/usr/local/netbeans-8.2/platform/lib/boot.jar) to field java.net.URL.handler
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
greg888

Post by greg888 »

I reinstalled and this time I used Java 8 JDK instead of Java 10 and now it works like a charm. For the sake of the clarity I don't use Software Manager's version I downloaded Netbeans 8.2 from Oracle.
mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mediclaser »

Did you try rebooting the machine? I was trying the search menu but it was not showing after install. It only started showing (including on the Desktop) after rebooting the machine. I did not have this issue under Mint 18.x versions.
BTW, how do you run it from the terminal?
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)
muchagecko
Level 1
Level 1

Post by muchagecko »

I didn't realize until today that NetBeans wasn't working. I just assumed that it would because it seemed to install just fine.

I used the link pddm provided (https://tutorialforlinux.com/2018/07/04 ... ual-guide/) and Netbeans is up and running on my Linux Mint 19 laptop!

Thank you, pddm.
vishgaur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by vishgaur »

The tutorial guide worked!
I confirm that.
Netbeans IDE 8.2 is up and running. Thanks a lot comunity!

MARK IT SOLVED PLEASE
Since 2003 on computers, since 2014 on Linux.

Blog: https://www.inksup.wordpress.com

Return to “Software & Applications”