Problems to open nemo with administrative permissions and some other applications of the system.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
[Diego19]

Problems to open nemo with administrative permissions and some other applications of the system.

Post by [Diego19] »

Hello Friends!!

I need help with a problem that I have with my system.

I recently did a clean install of linux mint 19 Tara! and then install PBIS to join the domain of the company, but I do not know why I can not run the nemo application as root, I remember before I could do it.

This had happened to me earlier with version 18.3 when I had problems with the login. My solution was to leave the domain and again join and work correctly again.

On this occasion I did the same procedure but when I joined the domain again I could not log in yet it was correctly linked to the domain, reviewing the procedure I realized that after joining the PBIS domain I was given an exception which I was not knowing this said it could not update the pam.dy and to do it the command should run:

Code: Select all

pam-auth-update --force
After running it activate all the modules that this offered and save the configuration and then the files were updated in:

/etc/pam.d/common-*
After this I could loguerame with my domain user.

My domain user is configured as sudo, however with this I could not install updates or open the cinnamon-settings-users application when executing it, I investigated and then found that I could not start the application to run the popput that allows you to authenticate for this type Of applications.

Check and notice that in the pam after executing the command

pam-auth-update --force 
there was no longer the line indicating the configuration in PBIS

Navigate to the line that states session sufficient pam_lsass.so and replace it with session [success = ok default = ignore] pam_lsass.so

After replacing this line I can now run the cinnamon-settings-users and install updates, that is; I can open the dialog or popput for authentication.

But I can not run nemo as root, however if I do this from console it works perfectly.

What could be failing?

Help me !!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”