Bug with Firefox Version: 61.0.1+linuxmint1+sylvia

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
t4s

Bug with Firefox Version: 61.0.1+linuxmint1+sylvia

Post by t4s »

Hello all,

Since updating to Firefox 61.0.1+linuxmint1+sylvia I'm not able to use the GUI fully.
Means I click on some buttons and the dont't respond. For example nothing happens when I click on the menu-button for preferences. However when I type about:preferences woks and I can configure everything. I could live with that but when I try to add some addons by clicking on "+Add to Firefox"-button nothing happens. If I install the addon manually it'll work but I cant configure it and it won't show in the firefox toolbar.

I was using linuxmint-kde-18.1, amd64, 4.4.0-130-generic and had that issue. I updated to linuxmint-kde-18.3 but it didn't solve the problem. I purged firefox, reinstalled it, tried the 61.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 and the 45.0.2+build1-0ubuntu1 version, but still the same problem. So maybe its KDE related?

Has anyone expirienced the same issue?

Thx in advance.

t4$
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mwbworld

Re: Bug with Firefox Version: 61.0.1+linuxmint1+sylvia

Post by mwbworld »

Can't say that it helps except for elimination since I don't have that problem in 18.3 Cinnamon (Sylvia) running the latest firefox. (and I'm using the 4.15 kernel)

So maybe it is KDE?
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

This is being discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=272789
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
t4s

Post by t4s »

Thank you mwbworld and thank you all41.

Well its too bad that mint ditched kde. And I'm not quite sure if I want to fiddle around to get mint xfce working with kde.

I found this statement to why the mint devs drop kde:
"So, believe it or not, Linux Mint is dropping the KDE Edition after the release of Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" next month. Clement Lefebvre said that he and his team want to concentrate more on making Linux Mint a better GNU/Linux operating system, and they no longer want to focus on the Linux Mint KDE Edition.
With Linux Mint 18.3, we’ll release one more KDE edition. I wanted this announcement to come before the release," said Clement Lefebvre. "It will hurt its popularity of course, but I wanted to give users time, either to react right now or to take their time, upgrade and adapt to this later on. I’m sure this edition will be missed, and I hope its users understand our decision."
https://news.softpedia.com/news/linux-m ... 8225.shtml

I'm sure they had their reasons for that, however if they want the kde users to understand that decision, they should at least explain why they decided to not "focus" on kde mint anymore.

Have fun ;)
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Well if you read the link your article was based on you'll find more explanation - https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3418
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
t4s

Post by t4s »

Thx smurphos. Now, I get it. Still sad, but ok. Have fun.

Return to “Software & Applications”