(RESOLVED) Kdenlive doesn't work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jprfts

(RESOLVED) Kdenlive doesn't work

Post by jprfts »

Hello!~ :D

I installed kdenlive with "sudo apt-get install kdenlive" and tried to start it from the Cinnamon menu. Nothing happened. I tried to start it from the command line, and the output was:

Code: Select all

Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/16/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/16/"
Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/22/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/22/"
Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/24/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/24/"
Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/32/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/32/"
Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/48/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/48/"
Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/96/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/96/"
Invalid Context= "Apps" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/scalable/"
Invalid Context= "Mimetypes" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/mimetypes/scalable/"
No LADSPA plugins were found!

Check your LADSPA_PATH environment variable.
qrc:/qml/kdenliveclipmonitor.qml:1:1: module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:/qml/kdenliveclipmonitor.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:/qml/kdenliveclipmonitor.qml:1:1: module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:/qml/kdenliveclipmonitor.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
What does this mean? How do I check my LADSPA_PATH environment variable?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mattyboy

Re: Kdenlive doesn't work

Post by Mattyboy »

You didn't say which version of Mint you're running.

If you go to the website you're advisded to run the kdenlive-18.04.1-x86_64.AppImage in Mint 19... just click on it and it runs, perfectly too. ( you might have to give it execute permissions )

I'd go that route and purge what you have installed. Use the software manager or flatpak for Mint 18 backwards.
jprfts

Re: Kdenlive doesn't work

Post by jprfts »

I'm using Mint 18.3.

I tried using the AppImage, and it works just fine! Thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”