Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wh7qq
Level 2
Level 2

Firefox extensions borked and recovered

Post by wh7qq » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:48 pm

This morning I expanded my main partition for Mint with Gparted using my live 19 Xfce4 USB key. (When I had loaded the new SSD from a recovery snapshot, it loaded to the same partition size as the snapshot...half the new SSD) That went well but when I rebooted to the SSD, it refused to load past the "LM" logo with the moving dots...went on forever. So I got impatient and used a recent timeshift snapshot.

That was super quick, using the USB 3.0 live disk and the SSD and it came back nicely...but...when I started Firefox, I noticed that my extensions were missing and the Firefox add-on manager would not give the option to restart them. Finally I did an

Code: Select all

apt-get remove firefox
followed by an

Code: Select all

apt-get install firefox
and then reinstalled the extensions. Not a big deal except for the nuisance but worth noting the occcurance. BTW, I use HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, NoScript, and Ghostery...that is quite enough but nothing more.

blanco12
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox extensions borked and recovered

Post by blanco12 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 am

I made multiple attempts to contact the original developer, but never heard back. Once this version is polished up a bit I might look into what it would take to migrate it to the new format...but at first glance it looks like there is no local storage allowed in the new add on design, which lazarus relies on to store your form entries...which means it would need to be online storage, which brings up a lot of security issues.

PlexKodiLucky Patcher

Return to “Software & Applications”