Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
CharlieSweatpants
Level 1
Level 1

Restoring Custom Folder Icons in Nemo 3.8.3 Sidebar

Post by CharlieSweatpants » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 am

I was wondering if there's any way to get custom folder icons to display in the Nemo sidebar again? On Mint 18.3 with Nemo 3.6.4, folders you pin to the sidebar appear with their custom icon. But in Mint 19 with Nemo 3.8.3, the sidebar icons are all the same. I have about six folders pinned to the sidebar as I'm in and out of just a few folders every day, but now they're all graphically identical on the sidebar instead of having distinct icons. (It should be noted that in the main Nemo window, the custom icons are all displaying properly.)

I looked at this viewtopic.php?f=90&t=272708 thread, but changing the theme only changes the default icons (Home, Desktop, etc.) not specific locations. There also was a short thread on github about it https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTe ... ssues/1240, but no resolution.

Obviously this is not the world's biggest problem. But it does slow me down a little. Any suggestions or workarounds?
The story:
Jan 2013 - Beloved WinXP laptop of 9 years dies. New, fancy Win8 laptop purchased.
17 Oct 2013 - Win8 bricks new laptop during Windows Update.
18 Oct 2013 - Final "Windows No Mas" decision, install Mint 15 Cinnamon as sole laptop OS.

Return to “Software & Applications”