Not so Luckybackup in mint 19

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mark_1
Level 1
Level 1

Not so Luckybackup in mint 19

Post by Mark_1 »

Any clues as to why Luckybackup , on mint 19, resolutely refuses to acknowledge the existence of any drive on my PC other than the home directory?

I have two instances of mint 19 and one of 18.3. Works fine on 18.3 and not on 19. I have read through the various posts across the net which are mostly about no Luckybackup superuser, and tried most of the workarounds, the last was to open as root using sudo su - as an alternative to gksu, but I so far nothing has worked. To my mind Luckybackup is the simplest, most flexible tool around for ‘moving files’. The ‘built in’ backup tool is crap and I’ve not had much joy with backintime or any of the other offerings out there so if I can’t find a fix I’ll be staying with 18.3.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
blockhead47
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Not so Luckybackup in mint 19

Post by blockhead47 »

I am using "luckyBackup 0.4.9 (using Qt)" on Mint 19 Cinnamon with no issues backing up "/".

Actually, I am still using the profiles I was using with Mint 18.3, one for my home directory run as me and one for "/" run as root.
Mark_1
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Not so Luckybackup in mint 19

Post by Mark_1 »

Well, that gives me some hope. At least I know that it's working, somewhere. Unfortunately still not working for me but when it cools down a bit (not used to this hot weather in the UK) I'll spend some time on this and see if I can find the issue.

Cheers

Return to “Software & Applications”