Set WiNE to 16 Bits Software Mode

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hopeless

Set WiNE to 16 Bits Software Mode

Post by Hopeless »

Hello all, first of are sorry for my english. Okay now the question:

I whant try to make Resident Evil (1) to work under wine, on the wine website you can find some information about this game, is possible to make it work but you need to use/add /nocard1 /nocard2 to "argument"? In my case is not working, or i put this flag to the wrong place? Because the game always tell me he not find my device... and on the other report for this game, the guy say we need to set xwindows to 16bits, what is xwindow?

So i whant to know if is possible to say to wine to switch to 16 bits befaure launch the game, use the flag, for play the game and at the exit restore the original settings... sorry if i'm not clear, also i'm on linux only for a couple of weeks....

THANK YOU! :oops: :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Set WiNE to 16 Bits Software Mode

Post by trytip »

EDIT
Last edited by trytip on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mute Ant

Re: Set WiNE to 16 Bits Software Mode

Post by Mute Ant »

Xwindows is the Linux graphic system. The advice is suggesting you change your Mint OS display, before you run WINE, to use 16 bit-per-pixel colour graphics. Sometimes called high-colour...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_color
...sometimes specified like...
1024 x 768 x 16
...for Width x Height x Depth.

Nothing to do with CPU and software 'bits'.

Return to “Software & Applications”