Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
arnprior
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to Update

Post by arnprior » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm

err, I did run with elevated privileges.

But,

Code: Select all

de@de-OptiPlex-380 / $ sudo cp ~/DejaVuSerif.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/': Not a directory
In other words, that code is not picking up any of the fonts. That's about four I've tried, three of which I know are installed.

You're right, it's getting silly, and I suggested a clean load this morning. Thank you for your time.

gm10
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Unable to Update

Post by gm10 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:04 pm

arnprior wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm
err, I did run with elevated privileges.

But,

de@de-OptiPlex-380 / $ sudo cp ~/DejaVuSerif.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/': Not a directory
In other words, that code is not picking up any of the fonts. That's about four I've tried, three of which I know are installed.

You're right, it's getting silly, and I suggested a clean load this morning. Thank you for your time.
Yeah, but I was right, the file is in ~. Anyway, we're nearly there. Only problem above was that you didn't just have that font file missing but the entire package. Hopefully you'll only need that single file though, so here:

sudo mkdir /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu
sudo cp ~/DejaVuSerif.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/
apt install -f
If it still fails, by all means do the clean install.

Return to “Software & Applications”