What is Flatpak doing in my startup applications? [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
faisal95

What is Flatpak doing in my startup applications? [SOLVED]

Post by faisal95 »

In my startup applications, what's the usage of Flatpak? It's taking time to load while booting my os as you can see in the attached photo.
Should I remove it? will there be any problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: What is Flatpak doing in my startup applications?

Post by Sir Charles »

faisal95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am In my startup applications, what's the usage of Flatpak?
It will update any flatpaks installed in your system automatically in the background. You can turn it off and update those flatpaks manually whenever you choose and there is an update to them. The command line would be: flatpak update Package_Name.
faisal95

Post by faisal95 »

Marziano wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:47 am
faisal95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am In my startup applications, what's the usage of Flatpak?
It will update any flatpaks installed in your system automatically in the background. You can turn it off and update those flatpaks manually whenever you choose and there is an update to them. The command line would be: flatpak update Package_Name.
okay got it :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

faisal95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am It's taking time to load while booting my os as you can see in the attached photo.
No, that's not what the screenshot shows. The mentioned 'delay' means it will start after 20 seconds, it does not mean booting will be 20 seconds slower.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
faisal95

Post by faisal95 »

Moem wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:46 am
faisal95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am It's taking time to load while booting my os as you can see in the attached photo.
No, that's not what the screenshot shows. The mentioned 'delay' means it will start after 20 seconds, it does not mean booting will be 20 seconds slower.
Oooow thats the actual case :roll:

Return to “Software & Applications”