Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
floweringmind
Level 2
Level 2

2nd monitor won't wake up

Post by floweringmind » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I have an issue where the screensaver comes on and when I come back to the computer the 2nd monitor won't wake up. So both monitors go of and then only my primary monitor comes back and this keep going on unless I reboot. I have a Nivida 1080 card. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Please move this post to the hardware area as I don't seem to be able to do this.

Brock44
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 2nd monitor won't wake up

Post by Brock44 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:01 pm

I have a similar problem. Not with screen saver though.

I have 18.3 on a laptop and use a secondary monitor in addition to the laptop screen. I have it set up so that when I close the lid the laptop stays running and I might also turn off the secondary monitor so everything can run without monitor light filling the room. when I turn the secondary back on and open the lid, the laptop screen will not wake up, the secondary works and all the running apps have moved to it. No amount of messing with display settings will bring back the laptop screen. What does though is putting the system into standby for a second. When I wake it up again, everything is as normal.

But, as I said above, waking up from screen saver brings no problems, nor are there any problems when both screens go into power save, they come back just fine.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, but I thought this might be a related issue

Return to “Software & Applications”