Thunderbird 60 Released

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lord Boltar

Re: Thunderbird 60 Released

Post by Lord Boltar »

catweazel wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am
Lord Boltar wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:05 am sudo apt-get upgrade
That isn't recommended. It bypasses the Mint update levels and causes all updates to be applied. I recommend you don't advise people to use it.
been doing it for a couple of years had no issues
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Lord Boltar wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 am been doing it for a couple of years had no issues
That's nice, and I'm happy for you. It's also highly hardware dependent.
So if you are advising others to do this, you should at least let them know that they'll be doing this. Okay?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Lord Boltar

Post by Lord Boltar »

Moem wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Lord Boltar wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 am been doing it for a couple of years had no issues
That's nice, and I'm happy for you. It's also highly hardware dependent.
So if you are advising others to do this, you should at least let them know that they'll be doing this. Okay?
yep you're right point taken
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Thanks, it's appreciated!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
lannatwin
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lannatwin »

andilge wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:14 am ... just installed LMDE3 and there, Thunderbird 60 comes out of the box, no hassle at all. AddOn Lighning though needs to be installed manually as a beta release. Once you have overcome this hurdle, AddOn Google calendar can be installed as an official AddOn and it will work flawlessly, no problems anymore with Google OAuth, the different google calendars show up, can be chosen and integrated into Lightning.

I'm a little disappointed about that all, why is Linux Mint on Debian ahead of the Ubuntu based versions? There is no technical obstacle, it seems to be a political issue :roll:
TB 60.2.1 showed up for me today. Had to install Lightning lightning-6.2b6.en-US. The Add-on Provider for Google Calendar 4.4.2 is not working for me. Is that the one you are referring to? I can select my Google calendars in the left pane, but none of my data shows up in the calendar pane.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

Confirmed: Thunderbird 60.2.1 in the Ubuntu repositories as of today (15 October 2018), for 18.04 (LM 19), 16.04 (LM 18.x), and 14.04 (LM 17.x), for 64-bit and 32-bit architectures.

Joe

Return to “Software & Applications”