Mint Updater error

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Mint Updater error

Post by Midnighter »

Hi. Running Mint Cinnamon 18.3, fully updated. When i run update from terminal, i get no errors, but when i run the updater, and it goes to update, i get this error

Code: Select all

E: Problem executing scripts APT::Update::Post-Invoke-Success 'if /usr/bin/test -w /var/cache/app-info -a -e /usr/bin/appstreamcli; then appstreamcli refresh-cache > /dev/null; fi'
E: Sub-process returned an error code
Googled the error, but got NO returns. I can just update from terminal, but this error puzzles me. Any suggestions please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Mint Updater error

Post by catweazel »

Midnighter wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:52 pm Any suggestions please?
Please post the output of this terminal command:

sudo appstreamcli refresh
Enclose the results between [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

sudo appstreamcli refresh
[sudo] password for david: 
AppStream cache update is not necessary.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Just to clarify, it seems to check all the repos and update the list, then gives that error at the end.

Return to “Software & Applications”