Downloader for real.video (Solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wompoo
Level 6
Level 6

Downloader for real.video (Solved)

Post by Wompoo »

Can someone direct me to an application that is suitable for downloading videos in Linux from www.real.video please?

Edit:
Or for Bit.Tube videos?

I am using Linux Mint 17.3 KDE (Desktop PC #2)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Desktop PC #1
Linux Mint 20.3 MATE desktop (64-bit), Asus
ASUSTeK model: P5G41T-M LX, 8 Gb RAM
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Downloader for real.video

Post by phd21 »

HI Wompoo,

XDM = Xtreme Download Manager downloaded a couple of the videos from both websites. Seems to be erratic though where sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.

Let us know if you find anything better...

The XDM has a Linux application that you install using instructions in link below and a Browser add-on extension just search for "XDM 2018" in browser add-ons. You should restart your computer and browsers after installing these. This makes all downloads faster and can usually download videos as well.

Xtreme Download Manager / Blog: How to install XDM on any Linux distribution
https://sourceforge.net/p/xdman/blog/20 ... tribution/

When you start playing a video on a website a pop-up "download video" shows up in the lower right of your desktop, just click it.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

real video uses fragment video which good luck downloading and then trying to reassemble. and bit.tube require me to turn off canvas fingerprinting and referrer control and a few other ptotocols

my opinion is if i have to work extra hard to make a site work it means too much tracking and not worth the hassle. infowars and other outlets should move to a site that is free of tracking. all they do is feed of you like leeches.

there's a good site to download videos available with magnet links but mint forum is censoring the url . it is https://www.b*itchute.com/ <<< remove the asterisk mint added b.i.t.c.h to censorwords. the site is named Bit Chute but when put together , well you get the idea.
Wompoo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Wompoo »

phd21 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:50 pm ............................

Xtreme Download Manager / Blog: How to install XDM on any Linux distribution
https://sourceforge.net/p/xdman/blog/20 ... tribution/
Thanks for that Phil. I will give it a go. I am keen to use youtube as little as possible from now on.

..................and bit.tube require me to turn off canvas fingerprinting and referrer control and a few other ptotocols....
What are these please?
............................ infowars and other outlets should move to a site that is free of tracking. all they do is feed of you like leeches........
That appears to be the trend, which is why I am keen to move away from youtube (as much as possible).
there's a good site to download videos available with magnet links ............................
What are "magnet links"?
Thanks for the replies.

Jim.
Desktop PC #1
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

actually youtube is easier to block and you can visit without cookies and have a plethora of privacy addons with no degrading quality. many users try to stay away from mainstream media and find smaller sites when in fact their content is on a new site that uses invisible traps to scoop out every last drop of user info.

a magnet link is a a way to transfer files from a browser to your bittorrent program ... if you go to https://www.bit*chute.com/ (remove the asterisk first) click on a video then in the video controls you see a "magnet" ? click that and you can download the video with qbittorrent,deluge,transmission,tixati whatever torrent client you want ... how's that for freedom
Wompoo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Wompoo »

trytip wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:03 am actually youtube is easier to block and you can visit without cookies and have a plethora of privacy addons with no degrading quality. many users try to stay away from mainstream media and find smaller sites when in fact their content is on a new site that uses invisible traps to scoop out every last drop of user info..
I am more motivated to move away from youtube due to the accelerating spate of censorship that is happening there. Some would, and do, call it social engineering.
Youtube is certainly easier to manage and use, as you indicate; I might continue with it and live with my indignation about their policies etc. I just wanted to explore alternatives.
Thanks for the warning about "invisible traps" etc.
a magnet link is a a way to transfer files from a browser to your bittorrent program ... if you go to https://www.bit*chute.com/ (remove the asterisk first) click on a video then in the video controls you see a "magnet" ? click that and you can download the video with qbittorrent,deluge,transmission,tixati whatever torrent client you want ... how's that for freedom
Thanks for the detailed reply. I will, however, have to go to WikiPedia to find out what the bittorrent means though!
It will be another good learning experience.

Thanks again to you and phd21.

I will mark the thread as solved.
Desktop PC #1

Return to “Software & Applications”