btrfs raid0 and timeshift: "Not enough disk space (< 1000MB)" with hundreds of gigs free.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lazlo_vii

btrfs raid0 and timeshift: "Not enough disk space (< 1000MB)" with hundreds of gigs free.

Post by lazlo_vii »

I would like to use timeshift with my fresh install of Mate 19 but I am running a btrfs raid0 and for some reason it thinks I don't any free space in my filesystem.

I was able to make one backup with timeshift before I added the second device to / and converted to raid0 for my data and raid1 for my metadata. After that it will not work. Is there a cli tool I can use with a raid or do I have manage my snapshots manually?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lazlo_vii

Re: btrfs raid0 and timeshift: "Not enough disk space (< 1000MB)" with hundreds of gigs free.

Post by lazlo_vii »

OK, after looking around and reading a lot I found a command line tool that I can use called snapper. It works on a filesystem level and doesn't try to access the physical volumes the same way TimeShift does. In other words, it doesn't care that my filesystem spans more than drive, all it cares about is that I am running btrfs.

Return to “Software & Applications”