Linux Mint 18 Network Connection Editor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cyclic

Linux Mint 18 Network Connection Editor

Post by Cyclic »

Hi guys,
Usually i'm a lurker on the internet and enjoy searching and finding the solution of problems on my own. However I have been at this problem for 2 months now and can't for the life of me find an answer. So i'm breaking and asking for help.

I use IPvanish as my VPN provider. The way I ran it was by going into "Edit Connections" on my network manager and setting up a link for a certain server via an openvpn config file that i got from IPV. I, at one point, crashed my system and had to roll it back to fix it. Everything worked fine but i've lost the option under the VPN section of the connection editor to add a pre configured VPN file. The only option i have now is to set up a PPTP, which i would prefer not to do. I've tried running the config files manually through the terminal using [openvpn --config (INSERT CONFIG FILES NAME)] but all that does is crash my internet until the ^C the command.

Does anybody have any idea whats going on and how i can remedy this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Linux Mint 18 Network Connection Editor

Post by Pepi »

Just started using IPVanish and like it.

https://support.ipvanish.com/hc/en-us/a ... inux-Mint-

Return to “Software & Applications”